Tuesday 28 April 2020

Tuesday 28th April 2020 - Science

I have been eating far too much Eaton Mess whilst at home. It is made with strawberries, meringue and whipped cream (lactose free of course). Although this has been very tasty, eating lots of it has not been good for my health.

My wife, Maya,  has suggested (or rather ordered)  that I do some additional exercise by going for a run each day.

This got me thinking...

If I were to make my own running shoe what materials would they have to be made from and why?

Can you help me by researching the following:



What type of materials are used in long distance running shoes?
What surfaces could I run on?
How could I run in the rain? Would I need special shoes?

Finally, can you design a cool shoe for me to run in. You can take a pitcure and send me your designs to debeauvoirprimaryschool@gmail.com.


6 comments:

  1. Waterproof so if it was raining it wouldn’t soak through your socks.

    They will be made so that you can run or any surface like grass or concrete

    Maybe made out of leather because my school shoes are made out of leather and my feet don’t get wet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Superb reasoning, Navaya-Sky! I'd love to see what trainers you would design for me.

      Delete
  2. Waterproof material is suitable for rain.

    Grass,concrete and asphalt.

    I would wear a hat with a brim,an old running shoes and waterproof
    clothes.Yes you will need special shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which material do you think would be best?

      Delete
  3. You would usally use Nylon, Polyester or Polypropylene. You would probaly be able to run over grass, concrete, roads, sand, wood, rugs and carpet. It is possible to run but you would get wet shoes.Polyester and Nylon would suck up water so you would get wet feet but it would dry in about ten minutes. But polypropylene does not suck water up it is waterproof . But you would not need a special shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So my running trainers need to be made from polypropylene? Great!
      What would the sole of the shoe be made from? Do you have any suggestions?

      Delete