Wednesday 1 April 2020

Punctuation Challenge

I'm working on sentences with my son and he's doing really well. However, Idriss needs help with his punctuation. Are you up to the challenge?

1) What words should have a capital letter? Can you explain why?

the sun shone on mary's face.

2) Can write the sentence out with a comma in the correct place?

John Mary and Peter walked home from school.

3) Which of these sentences should have an exclamation mark (!) at the end?

Where is the post office
Help, I'm drowning
My dog ate a treat
I spoke to my gran 

4) Add speech marks to this sentence so I can show Idriss how brilliant you all are.

I don't think that is a good idea said Molly.


4 comments:

  1. 1. The needs a capital letter because it is the start of a sentence and Mary because it is a person's name.
    2. John, Mary and Peter walked home from school.
    3. Help I am drowning!
    4. "I don't think that is a good idea" said Molly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1.It needs a capital letter because Mary is a name

      2.John,Mary and Peter walked home from school.

      3.Help I am drowning!

      4."I don't think that is a good idea" said Molly.

      Delete
  2. The sun shone on Mary’s face.
    John ,Mary and Peter walked home to school.
    Help, l’m drowning!
    “I don’t think that is a good idea !”said Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 Mary because it’s a name and The should have a capital letter because it’s at the start of a sentence.

    2. John, Mary and Peter walked home from
    School

    3 Help, I’m drowning!

    4 “I don’t think it is a good idea” said Molly

    ReplyDelete