Monday 4 May 2020

Monday 4th May 2020 - Victorians

On Friday, I asked you to convince me of the most important invention from the Victorian era.

Freya made a great arguement for the sewing machine as it meant clthes could be made quicker and more easily.
Amiee reasoned that the London underground was the most important as people could get to work quicker than before.
Lanilde made a strong case for flushing toilets (I think you know why!).

To see their full statements, you can go back to Friday's blog.

I think it was the discovery of Michael Faraday. He found that magnetism could produce electricity, leading to the first electrical generator. I would argue that this was the most important development of the Victorian era.
Michael Faraday

Let me know who you agree with and why. Or perhaps you have another invention you think should be considered as the most important...

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Freya about the sewing machine because it is quicker to sew clothes but you have to be carful because you might get pocked and it's really dangerous so it's really important to stay safe and be carful with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your reasoning, Shanel. It is great that you have read Freya's opinion and built on her answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Freya and Shanel and they are right an the sewing machine is quicker to sew and if we done it our selfs it will take a long time and it can be Dandrous and be safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the telephone because it has made communication easier and helped people to improve communication between people living far from each others.

    ReplyDelete