Friday 1 May 2020

Friday 1st May 2020 - Victorians

As we saw yesterday, the Victorian era was responsible for many important inventions. Your task today is to convince me of the most important invention from the Victorian era.

You could chose one of the inventions from yesterday or you might have something else you think is more important.


Whatever you decide, you must convince me that your choice is the most important. Who can be the most persuasive?

I have may own idea, but I will wait to share it. Maybe you can change my mind! 😏

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I think the sewing machine is the best Victorian invention because it meant that people could make clothes quicker and more easily. It also meant that people could repair their clothes rather than buying new ones. The stitching on a sewing machine can be stronger and meant that the clothes lasted longer too. This saved people money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a well reasoned answer, Freya. I wonder what your classmates think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the best is London underground because you can use it to get to places like work or school quicker. the horses used for the carriage would of been slower than trains.

    Amiee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the public flushing toilets is the most important Victorian Era invention. Because in the past they had toilets but they did not flush so it did not go to the sewers.So it was difficult for people to use it because it smelled badly and nowadays when we use the toilets they flush and they go down to the sewers and there is no bad smell in the toilets any more.
    That is why i think the toilets are important to me.

    ReplyDelete