Tuesday 31 March 2020

Word classes

Thank you for helping me edit my work yesterday. Today I am trying to explain word classes to my son, but I have gotten myself in a muddle and need your help (again).

1) Can you tell me what word in the sentence below means more than one lion? How do you know?

The lions raced through the long grass.

2) What words are the adjectives in the sentence below?

The small kitten tried to climb up the tall tree.

3) What words are the nouns in the sentence below?

The boy ran across the room and sat on the comfy chair.

4) What are the verbs in the sentence below?

Mr McKenzie jumped out of his seat when he saw the spider running across the ceiling.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Lions because if it was one lion it would not have s.
    2. Tall , small.
    3. Boy, room and chair'
    4. Jumped and running.

    ReplyDelete