Monday 30 March 2020

Good morning Year 3

Hello and good morning year 3,

I hope you doing well.

I am keeping busy by taking part in P.E with Joe and Science with Maddie Moate which are both on YouTube.

I am missing teaching you all and have been trying to teach my daughter lessons at home. I am not sure if it is working and I need your help!

We were learning about finding fractions of a number, but I am not sure if I was clear in my explanation (see the picture of her confused face below).

The raised eyebrow tells me she has not understood my teaching!

Can you help me? 🙏

1) How would you explain how to find 1/2 (half) of 24?

2) Can you explain how to find 1/4 (one quarter) of 24?

3) Could you explain how to find 1/6 of 24?


I look forward to reading your advice.

Thanks for the help,
Mr McKenzie

2 comments:

  1. 1. Draw two circles to do the sharing method and put 1 in a circle and put 1 in a circle and keep on going until you get to 24 and the answer is 12

    2. Do the same as 1 but draw 4 circles and the answer is 6

    3.Do the same as 1 but draw 6 circles and the answer is 4

    ReplyDelete